Okay, okay, I can't put this off any longer. I have received 2 blog awards from 2 lovely ladies who read my blog, and apparently haven't decided to run away. I should have posted this sooner, but praise and compliments make me squirm a little bit
BECAUSE I'M A DINK LIKE THAT.
So let me say, that first of all, I got an award from Maria at "Mission: Fertile Soul" . Maria is an excellent, articulate writer, who conveys her thoughts with grace and earnestness, and if you're a bitching, whining MOM as I often am, her blog will really make you pause and think. So, thank you Maria.
The second award is from Sherilin at "Laughing My Abs Off" Sherilin is hilarious--seriously: her "hair bonanza" posts were so good I wondered why I hadn't found her in the blogger world sooner.
So, thank you ladies.
So what am I supposed to do here...
1. Thank and link back to the person who honored you with this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Okay, I'll try my best. I'm one of those party poopers who NEVER keeps that email chain going, and this sounds a hell of a lot like one of those 'forwards' from my Dad. Also, I don't even think I'm following 15 blogs...let me check...oh, I do, but some of them haven't updated in a year. Hmm..
Okay, I'm going to give the "cherry on top" award to Bennet at |||| |||| |||| ||||... (ha, even his blog title is hilarious. I'm giving this to Bennet, because he's even more of a curmudgeon than I am, so a cupcake suits him hilariously, but when he does get round to posting something, he's witty, poignant and insightful. Plus, he'll probably be horrified at receiving a blog award. We shall see.
I'm going to give the style award to my cuz Pam at French Buttonsand
Melissa at Pink Satin Sashes
They read my blog all the time! Sniff! And they're just so damn talented. Seriously, when you have one of those days when your house is a disaster, check out their blogs, and it'll remind you how important beauty in your everyday life is.
There. I'm a jerk, and that's all I'm passing it on to. A) because I'm lazy, and B) that's how I be's sometimes.
Sigh. And now to painfully search myself for 7 things...
1) I still wear the same 4X underwear sometimes, that I bought when I was pregnant. They come right up to my waist, and they feel like I'm wearing a nice pair of shorts. I keep telling myself to throw them away, and only have somewhat-attractive gitch in the drawer, but I just can't seem to do it.
2) I won't make any decisions about what I want to do for the day until I've had my coffee. Don't even bother asking me--even if it's going some place super fun.
3) My favourite thing to do on Saturday is get my coffee and watch "New Scandinavian Cooking" with Andréas Viestad on PBS. The scenery is breathtaking, Andreas is completely whacky (without realising it), and the recipes almost always look disgusting! Pure entertainment.
4) I once had a pair of yesterday's underpants fall out of the leg of my pants during a driver's ed class in highschool.
5) A girl wanted to beat me up once in a club, but I'm such a pudding, I still can't laugh about it.
6) I hate SPACE. Yeah that's right--black holes, other galaxies...blech. The vastness of it is far too large to comprehend, so it's a meaningless to me. Also, I'll never see any of these distant places, so ditto to that. I know that a lot of people will be flabberghasted by this, but remember when that little camera with wheels landed on Mars and immediately fell into a pothole, thus becoming just another piece of useless space junk? Yeah.
7) Never pinch my nose or mess my eyebrows. I freaking hate that.