Figuring out what I wanna be when I grow up.
Oop..I AM grown up...


Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Wonderful And Terrible Gift of SOLITUDE

image from HERE

So...

The Man and the kids are OUT.  They have all gone to suburban hell to visit Nana and Grandad.  The house is completely quiet and peaceful.  In fact, the only noise I can hear right now is the HMMMMMMMMMMMMM of the computer, the clackety clack of my supa fast typing (yeah, THAT'S RIGHT--SUPA FAST.  HOLLA), and the crunching of those mini CRACK eggs that I'm chowing down on at the moment.  And when I say CRACK, I do indeed mean the super addictive drug.  Mini eggs were invented by the devil. 

But like I said:  everybody is out!  I don't have to make any snacks!  I don't have to make dinner!  Actually, I already decided I'm going to get something horrid from Mcdonk's for myself tonight.  I think I am, that is.  I kinda haven't completely decided.  I should probably eat the giant salad leftover in the fridge. 

I have the same problem every time my little family goes out and leaves me all alone:

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO ENJOY THE FREE TIME???

Yeah, you might think I'm crazy but it's actually hideous pressure. 

inside karen's brain
1) Maybe I should go out?  I don't get out to the Mall in the next town over by myself too often.  This is a perfect opportunity

2) oo!  Maybe I should stay home and read a book ALL DAY!  I often want to read a book all day when I'm at home, but if I try to, the kids jump on me, and demand to be tickled (the freaks!  Who likes being tickled?!?)

3) I should stay home and have a nap.  Every day of the week I whine that I would sell my soul for an afternoon nap.  Yes.  I should have a nap.

4) NOOOO!  A NAP WOULD BE A HORRIBLE WASTE OF TIME!

5) But what if I had a little nap and THEN went out, or, went out and then had a little nap?

6) sure.  Go ahead and have that nap then, but it's a sunny, gorgeous day outside. 

7)  ...   oh yeah... it is really nice out.  I should go for a walk.

8) I don't want to go for a walk!  I go for a walk every day by myself and it is BORING! 

9) well, what if you went for a walk before you ate your horrible secret sauce double burger? 

10)  hmm....

11) I should choose one of the on-demand movies on TV!  Yes!  I should choose something I could never enjoy with The Man around!  Some stupid dance movie, or long, plodding drama! 

12) or, I could blog, with nobody bugging me, and then watch a movie with my horrid salt/fat dinner! 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGH!  THE FREE TIME IS TOO PRECIOUS!  IT CAN'T BE WASTED! 

Oh frock it.  I'm just going to unscramble words.



Holy crap:  I'm #100!  Thanks for clicking!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

4 comments:

  1. I have had those EXACT thoughts.

    I have even eaten at McDonk's...why cook?

    the only thing that never enters the equation for me is the walk...

    have some nice solitude..you deserve it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Melissa! I reeeeeally regret that Big Mac :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet is weird - so true! Wow - great choices, too. I went grocery shopping - yes, soooo much fun. Scored some awesome headphones, though - y'know, old school and made sure they had pink (I hate pink, but everyone else will hate it more!!!!) good for you for getting a break, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks IAm (I really need a better name to address you with, don't I!)
    Well, I did indeed enjoy my break, but I got CAUGHT UP in one computer-related activity for too long and didn't end up eating my horrible dinner until 8 PM. Bleh.

    ReplyDelete

I lurv comments. Thank you for the comments. They are scrumptious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails