Saturday, May 28, 2011
A Blog Award for Big Mouth
Big Mouth, of course, is MOI...
Okay, so I got a blog award a while back from Lance at My Blog Can Beat Up Your Blog--thankyou Lance. I dig Lance for his balls-out, bare soul writing....oh, and his blog is set to a "soundtrack", which means he usually has a cool song at the end of each post and I totally felt like copying that when I saw it, har har. One of my favourite posts Lance wrote is Two Blondes In A Bar, which sounds like the opening line to a joke, but it's actually a very sweet story, and I dig it because underneath the crust, I am a sap.
So, Lance bestowed this upon me back in the middle of May, and I always procrastinate on these niceties because they tend to make me feel a little sheepish, like some voice is shrieking: UNDESERVING, YOU SHAM, YOU! even though I do kind of rock.
Here's how this works:
Our fellow bloggers present us with a lot of opportunities for furthering our blogs, and gaining followers. Here is a way to Pay It Forward to them. When you have been bestowed with the honor of the Pay It Forward Award., insert this award at the topof a blog post along with these rules, and find FIVE fellow bloggers to bestow it upon. Thank the person who awarded you, mention them in your post, along with a link to your favorite post on their blog, and a short blurb about why you liked it. Next, comment on their blog to let them know you are bestowing the award on them, and that they should do the same. And remember: Good Bloggers Pay It Forward.
Okay, so in no particular order...
1) Daniele at Creating Learning Flying for her refreshing candor and honesty in her post "Anger." Yeah, motherhood can be rewarding, but for f*ck's sake, don't sugar coat it all the time, please. What I get off on is truth and honesty, so I loved this post of Daniele's.
2) Chania at RAZMATAZ for her poignant post Big Knickers and Yep........that's a diet book. How many of us have struggled with our weight over the years, and tried, tried, tried again to fit into that perfect mold? Chania's post has been on my brain for DAYS since I read it. I can't stop thinking about the blog Chania stumbled across wherein some vapid bubble head thought it would be hilarious to go out and find a pair of the biggest underpants she could find just so she could take a picture of it next to her teeny weeny thong. Oh hello, shallow much? That's not a laugh in my book. Chania has put this into words far more eloquently than I would have.
3) Alaina at Arbor House Lane...because she makes things beautiful and I CAN'T STOP OBSESSING OVER HER FREAKING GARDEN. Seriously--if you don't look at her garden and immediately want to move into it with a cup of tea, well, then you're dead inside. Flowers to Come: truly sickening porn-for-the-garden-lover's-eyes !
4) B at Say YES or else!! is hella funny, and very honest, and I not only loved the pictures in her post Unexpected (because her pictures rock), but was struck by the message at the very end. Right on.
5) If you're bummed and feeling blah, all you have to do is go to Christina's blog IamthatIam because not only is she a growing thangs nut like I am, her posts are ridonkulously uplifting. And I dig that, because I'm a wicked cynic! Hooray! Check out Untitled.
Okay peeps, now it's your turn to PAY IT FORWARD. Happy weekend.