I'm not talking about some fantasy whereby the guy who comes to install a new window in your house just happens to be super hot, and you lock eyes with him, and he looks at you like you are a VIXEN, and not the burnt out soon-to-be-40 trainwreck with jowls that you are, and he says; "I need to show you something in the basement" and you say; "oh yeah? I hope it's what I think it is" and he says; "it's even better than what you think it is" and...
it's not that fantasy.
Tell me something: has every woman who is a mom and housewife said "I'M RUNNING AWAY" at some point?
You know when I'm talking about: you have tons of laundry to do anyway, and you discover that one of your kids slid off their sheets with a bare bum, and the other kid had to wear yesterday's socks to school because you haven't done THAT load of laundry yet, and the idiot cat (you're not sure which) pissed in the basket that had the clean white shirts in it, that you'd hung out on the line to dry, and now your favourite new tank top has a yellow stain on it that smells like that cat pee smell that you have to be a WIZARD to get out of clothes, and when you go to make dinner, you discover the broccoli has turned white and furry, and it's too late to thaw out that pot roast, so you trick your family into eating a quick version of "kraft dinner alfredo" but it still just kind of tastes like kraft dinner, but it has peas in it, and even YOU feel like picking the peas out?
So, you take one look at the toys that are everywhere and you say "I'M GOING TO RUN AWAY!" Okay. Say you did: where would you go?
1. go to the library, where it's quiet and you could sit in one of those comfortable arm chairs and read for a while
2. hop in the car, fill up the tank and take a road trip to somewhere within a realistic distance and see something beautiful
3. hop in the car and go far enough away that you couldn't make it back that same night, so you had to get a motel room, order a movie only YOU would like and chill out?
4. pack your bathing suit and a bottle of Baileys and head off to a swanky hotel or spa, check yourself right in, and be in that hot tub in under 30 minutes with a plastic cup of that liqueur by your side?
5. drive yourself straight to the airport and fly off to some place hot and spicy and buy all the clothes you need for a week at the resort you've just booked yourself into
6) drive as far as a full tank of gas could take you and see where you end up?
We all know that option 1 would probably do the trick, but when you imagine it, where would you go?