So, I was tagged by the charming and lovely Ms. Jessica B. at Jessee's Spot...ages ago. Sorry Jessica. Well, a long while at least. I'm brutal for getting to ANYTHING in a timely manner though, and I don't know if I love these things anyway, as they force me to SELF ANALYSE.
Oh well. Onward.
The rules of this thing are:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ blah blah blah, you actually have to tag 11 peeps!
11 Random Things About Me:
1. it takes me AGES AND AGES AND AGES to get to ANYTHING other than what I happen to want to blog about that day. Dishes, cleaning, laundry, favours to friends--yeah, either be prepared to wait endlessly or CUT ME OFF, people.
2. I hate it when anyone touches my nose. Don't touch it. Don't pinch it. Definitely don't pinch it. I have no idea why you need to touch my nose.
3. I think Gene Wilder was so dreamy in "Blazing Saddles"
4. I can't sleep on my left side for long periods of time ever since I was a young teenager. It aches after a while and feels like the organs have been squeezed.
5. there's this lidded dish with leftover mashed potatoes at the bottom of my fridge, waaaaay in the back and I can't remember how long it's been there, but I'm patiently waiting for THE MAN to get that f*cking thing out.
6. I will never go see a horror movie with you.
7. Space is so, so boring. Don't even bother talking to me about black holes and asteroids on a crash course for Earth.
8. I'm sick of colouring my hair
9. Names that I don't know how to pronounce IMMEDIATELY drive me up the freaking wall. Like that last name "Gough." Is it Goff? Go? Goo? Goog?!?!
10. Jell-o freaks me out. It's so disgusting when you think about it, and can only come from ONE SOURCE, PEOPLE: ANIMALS. Blech. So, one day someone boiled up a ham hock until it fell apart and gelatinized, and they decided "this would be YUMMY with some CHERRY FLAVOURING!"
11. I'm a massive, monstrous introvert
OK, so here are the questions I'm s'posed to answer:
1. What is your idea of a perfect date?
Dating?!? What is that? Wait...you've given up too easily, karen. Concentrate...
a really good dinner that's not filling to the point of all-night-gas-a-thon, with yummy cocktails! Oh! Oh! Maybe some appetizer that's set on fire! Yeah!
2. What would you consider your specialty as far as cooking is concerned?
My macaroni and cheese kicks so much ass. I don't know why you haven't made it. The recipe is right at the bottom of the blog.
My pie would make you wet your pants. Yeah, you heard me right.
3. Who do you admire and why?
My son. He relinquishes his need to control his whole universe every day just by going to school. Also he's an amazing artist, and a very sweet person besides.
My daughter. She is the happiest, huggiest, most content little soul I know. I hope she doesn't become the girl I turned into at 15.
4. If you could go back in time and change the outcome of one event in your life, what would it be?
I would let them induce me when I was so many days past my due date with Jack--either that or demand a c-section before I reached the 3 hour mark trying to push that kid out, while his heart rate kept dipping.
5. What is one regret?
When I didn't transfer all my poems to an internet email addy before my diskette f*cked itself.
6. What do you consider yourself: a city, country or beach person?
None of the above. I like my small town with it's crappy pot-hole filled roads, and near total lack of pretentiousness.
7. Have you ever met anyone considered famous?
I met Debra DiGiovanni at a comedy club a couple of years ago.
8. What are the top 5 most played songs on your iPod?
* Love You Madly by Ella Fitzgerald (it's the best version I could find..but it's er..set to a video for someone's doggie who passed away)
9. What is your favorite quote?
"This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."
10. What was the worst job you ever had?
Cashier at the casino. That sucked LARGE. Seriously--why are people so heinously rude?!?!?!? And ohmygod--what's with shitting your pants?
11. If money were no object, what one thing would you splurge on for yourself?
I'd totally make my bedroom pretty. Bye bye wood-free cheap crap Sears bedroom furniture!!!
Now I'm supposed to invent 11 questions of my own and tag 11 somebody elses. Nuts to that. I hate rules. Let's see how many questions I can come up with.
1. What is your favourite kind of pasta?
2. how many people did you meet in your life who were really good kissers?
3. what is your favourite book of all time
4. what have you done that you are most proud of?
5. if you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
6. how many pairs of your underpants are actually doctor-worthy at this point in time?
7. What movie really, really, really made you cry?
There. 11 is bullshit. 7 is just right. OH, and these questions are for YOU, the lovely people who actually suffered through this post! Enjoy!