I am so far behind on these cute little memes y'all love to do. In fact, it's quite shameful. I mean, you guys bestow a much undeserved award upon me, and like the dirtbag that I am, it takes me eons to get around to it.
So, what you don't know is just how bad I am at getting around to stuff. Well, I'll tell you--I'm FOUR BLOG AWARDS BAD, that's how bad I am! Hooray!
So, I'm going to make this one great big SMORGASBORD BLOG AWARD MEME POST! And then I'm going to do whatever the f*ck I want. Screw you, meme RULES. And I'm going to put my TROPHIES right there on my sidebar BOO YAH.
Because that's how I roll.
Okay, bizness stuff first, fun(ish) stuff next:
I got this lovely award from Wombat Central at Postcards From Oblivion:
This shiny one is from "Sadie" at Sadie Sez
|that's right. I'm everyone's friend. Suck it.|
JD Racecar over at It's Always FUNNY In Columbubble giveth me this:
|Damn it, I'm nothing if not versatile. TESTIFY!|
Thanks JD! She's a super nice chick, and she just had an adorable baby girl fairly recently, so stop on by and visit her and tell her that it won't always be this freaking hard.
Last, but certainly not least..and actually fairly recently--see how I just redeemed myself--Lizbeth, my homegirl at Four Sea Stars gave me this little buddy:
|karen is kreativ?|
Thanks Lizbeth. Go check Lizbeth out! Lizbeth blogs about her trials, triumphs, and hair-pulling good times of raising 3 kids, one of whom has Aspergers. So, between our two sons, we have a ton of "OH MY GOD, I'VE LIVED NEARLY THAT EXACT SAME THING" moments, which is really comforting. Plus, Lizbeth also thinks MINI EGGS are EDIBLE CRACK, so--you know: simpatico.
Okay! So, for most of these awards, I'm supposed to reveal crap about myself. You're supposed to pretend you're interested, and them I'm supposed to pass this on to like 50 other people or something.
Except for the Liebster award. I'm just supposed to bask in the love of fellow writers with that one, and pass the love on to someone else. See? Whoever came up with THAT one saw the beauty in simplicity.
So what haven't I already told you:
1. I remember a stupid, useless detail about everyone I've known and actually remember from my childhood. It freaks people out sometimes. This guy who was my boyfriend for 2 weeks, when I was in grade 8, actually UN-FRIENDED ME on facebook after I reminded him that he used to carry this giant hairbrush around in his back pocket.
Personally? I thought I was being nice. I could have told him that one of the main reasons I only let him kiss me on the cheek was because he used to wear braces and had a constant thick spit string from top brace to bottom brace. Suck on that, Cory.
2. I'm delighted if the socks TOTALLY match the shirt. Relax: it doesn't happen often.
3. When I got to grade 9, I nearly keeled over from the excitement of thinking almost every guy in highschool was hot. Thus began 4 years of rabid boy craziness, and mooning over senior football boys.
4. If you ever pull up your sweater sleeve with your teeth in my presence, I will un-friend you.
5. I can sing shockingly loud.
6. I'm so terrified of spiders, that if I were single, I do not know what the hell I would do.
7. Ella just walked up and conversationally told me: "Mom, I have a lot of farts today. And my legs hurt." I don't know what to do with this. I never do.
8. Words that get butchered on a regular basis DRIVE ME BAT SHIT:
* mascarpone cheese is mas CAR PO nay , not MARscapone cheese. That drives me f*cking insane.
* we all know about NUCLEAR vs NUCULER.
* Prostate cancer is never prosTRATE cancer.
* we don't get books from the LIBERRY.
* never AXE me a question
* Your and You're. Learn it.
9. I also hate stupid, generic, dough-headed business type expressions like "PUSHING THE ENVELOPE", "thinking OUTSIDE THE BOX," and I really, really, really detest ONE HUNDRED AND TEN PERCENT. I feel like strangling when that happens
10. If, when I try to leave a comment on your blog, you have word verification, it makes me feel sad and defeated. It's one of the newest, most annoying things in the world. Seriously everyone--I don't have word verification for my comments' section, and I have not been BOMBARDED, NAY--OVERWHELMED by spam comments. Please consider getting rid of it. It makes trying to leave a comment suck major ass sometimes.
11. This wasn't supposed to turn into a complaints segment
12. I actually hate all forms of exercise other than walking
13. thirteen is my lucky number, but I never ever ever ever ever win anything.
Okay! That was a nice bit of fluff, don't you think? And now, to spread joy:
I'm going to pick 4 amigos out of my hat to bestow awards on. You can choose which award suits you the most, grab it and go. Oh, and I guess you're supposed to say a bunch of things about yourself and pass it on to others.
* Melissa at Mia Bella Vintage. This woman can BUILD THINGS PEOPLE. She's a renovation MACHINE.
* Jeanne at The Dalai Grandma. She takes the garbage that life throws at us and turns it into something thoughtful and eloquent.
* Al_One at Al One (or is your blog called Way Too Alone) who meditates on life as a "loner."
* Leanne at One Odd Duck because she's so damn funny, and her heart is FREAKING HUGE.