Figuring out what I wanna be when I grow up.
Oop..I AM grown up...


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March Break. Sucking Me Dry.

source



Yeah.

How are you guys?  I MISS YOU GUYS.  Can we all take a moment to hug each other?

Oh good.  Thanks.  I needed that.

I am behind on reading you guys lately because I DON'T HAVE MY OWN FREAKING COMPUTER.  No.  I share it with my 8 year old son, and he is the TYRANT TO END ALL TYRANTS.  And he owns this thing when he's at home.  Yeah, I quickly hop on if he happens to be having some cinnamon toast, or if he goes to the can, and when he comes back down and finds me on the computer, he DEMANDS to know when I'll be getting off.

Getting off.  Remember when that meant something much more exciting?

Me neither.

Anyhoo, I know my sister's already pressed the speed dial to tell me I have no right to complain.  This is because my kids were at their grandparents' on Saturday, and then they went for a MIRACULOUS sleepover on Monday night, and so technically, I was living the dream, but I don't care.  I want more.

And sometimes, I'm tired of verbal abuse.  Yeah, I'm tired of convos like these:

Me:  "After lunch we're all going to go outside!  It's so beautiful out today!"
Jack:  "I hate you."
Me:  "You hate me."
Jack:  "YEAH, BECAUSE I DON'T WANNA GO OUTSIDE!"

later...

Me:  "here Jack, you put on your own socks."
Jack:  "I NEED HELP!  I CAN'T DO IT MYSELF!"
Me:  "just give it a try.  If you find it hard, I'll do it!"
Jack:  "YOOOOOOU   DOOOOOO IIIIIIIITTTTTTTT!!!!!!"  [head spins round, green stuff shoots out of his mouth]
Me:  "just try your best, honey.  You're 8 now.  You can do it!"
Jack:  "YOU'RE AN IDIOT MOM!  I HATE MY STUPID IDIOT MOM!"

lunch time:

Me:  "Jack, would you like to try this CINNABON Cinnamon bread?"
Jack:  "what's 'Cinnabon'?"
Me:  "It's a company that makes really delicious, gooey cinnamon buns!"
Jack:  "it smells good. I want to eat it for lunch."
Me:  "Okay!  Here honey, your lunch is ready."
Jack:  "I don't like this.  I want MY kind of cinnamon bread.  NEXT TIME DON'T BUY THAT NEW CINNAMON BREAD."
Me:  "Here honey, your hotdog is ready..."  (sneaky, yes?)
Jack (super nova-ing):  "HOT DOG?!?  I DIDN'T SAY I WANTED A HOT DOG!  I'M NOT GONNA EAT IT!  I HAAAAAATE YOOOOOOOOOU!"

so then, I'm eating the hot dog.

Jack:  "OH NO!  WHY IS MUMMA EATING?  I CAN'T EAT IF MOM'S EATING!!!!  I HATE THE WAY MOM EATS!  WHY DOES MOM HAVE TO EAT ALL THE TIME?!?!?  I'M GONNA WAIT UNTIL SHE STOPS EATING!"

See all those scenarios?  They'r all interchangeable with different events throughout the day!  Like, You can change the word "hot dog" with "yogurt" and you can add in the fun event of trying to teach the kid for the first time how to ride his bike without his training wheels, OR, you can inform the kid that since YOU are going to wash him during his bath, that means DADDY will put him to bed!  That earned another "I HATE YOU."

So I said;  "You hate me.  You actually, seriously hate me?  Hate?"
Jack : "Yeah, because I want YOU to put me to bed!"

But,

Remember YESTERDAY?  Yesterday, the kids were still at my inlaws', and The Man was at the office in suburban hell all day.  I pranced around in a shirt and underpants for a bit.  I wore NO makeup.  I went for a walk. I was outside across the street digging out a stupid bush at my sister's.  I hung sheets and towels out on the clothesline.  I smiled at all the little robins in the neighbourhood.  I watched some TV.  I drank my coffee in perfect solitude.

I didn't get summoned to wipe any bums.  I didn't have to make anybody snacks.  I didn't get yelled at, head-butted in the back, verbally abused by anyone.

Breathe karen.  Breathe.  Four more days to go.

16 comments:

  1. brooke can't put on her socks without issues either! what is it with freakin socks? they're simple little tubes for feet. probably the easiest garment to put on and yet, it's too difficult because of the need to line up seams and straighten out heels and all that crap. stupid sensory issues.
    stop your whining & get back to shredding! don't phone it in and whatever you do, don't eat any sugar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Jack seems in a really good mood today. Why is that? Because yesterday he BROKE ME. Things always turn around after I've been broken! Yay!

      yeah, socks have been a major issue forever it seems like. It's comforting and funny to know you deal with that too! But, not funny in a ha ha, laughing at you kind of way.

      Jack's socks used to have to fit like a SECOND SKIN, so it was impossible for him to pull those things on.

      Yeah, the shredding actually quells some of the frustration and anger during these challenging times. Sugar is the devil.

      Delete
  2. Breathing is the weapon of choice for those kinds of days. It is highly underrated and most important to your quality of life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, that is true! Just as it was true to be able to BIRTH THOSE KIDS, it still holds true, only we forget. I once heard that if, when you're super pissed off, you do a huge EXHALE before you say something, you won't be able to SCREAM IT.

      Delete
  3. Karen I have come to terms with leaving the good stuff behind. That light was 58 bucks at Rona. Believe it or not it is PLASTIC!!!!!!!! I am not going to worry about PLASTIC.

    The stuff that gets me is the stuff I LIKE> that I would never buy for myself. Like those freaking mirrors. I bought a new one for the downstairs bath/laundry room....but, my daughter assured me the HOmesense in Victoria has a million.....well, they might as well be in the arctic, chances are we won't get one.....sigh.

    The stuff that kills me is the stuff I made. Not the store bought stuff. But oh well, we are going to be on to bigger and better adventures!

    Too bad you could not walk around and be blind and deaf.....I wish I could shoot you out of your misery like a lame horse.........LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a good outlook on things, Melissa. I guess you become more sensible, less sentimental about things if you have to move around a few times, eh?

      Loved the lame horse image! LOL! Somehow it sounded peaceful...

      Delete
  4. Ah, spring break. Loads of fun...innit?

    You can do anything for 5 days, right? Deep breath!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe, Jack sounds just like John. How cute................
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW....
    My son told me he hated me once....just once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack tosses out the hate word constantly. It's one of the biggest hurdles we have yet to overcome.

      Delete
    2. When my son did it I had just put his bed back together after a really LONG day moving house.. anyway, I'd had enough, and snapped and he said it and I totally lost it and bawled my eyes out. Shocked the hell out of him. LOL! He hasn't said it since. Oh I know it could come out again..lol.

      Delete
    3. yes, it's never a nice thing to hear! I'm a little desensitized to it, but I still can't stand it. Even though I know it really means; "I'm INCREDIBLY frustrated right now", I just wish he'd say that instead.

      Delete
  7. Yea I get I Hate You sometimes.... but then I also get huggs and I love you's too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do too, luckily, Jennie, but not this week. Few and far between this week.

    ReplyDelete

I lurv comments. Thank you for the comments. They are scrumptious.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails